You plan to acquire a property in Mauritius?
The island, located in the middle of the Indian Ocean, has been since a few years, a land very prized by investors. Acquiring a property sometimes proves to be a real obstacle. It is therefore crucial to control all aspects of the procedure in order to avoid bad surprises. Here are 8 tips to carry out your real estate project:
- To identify the property that suits you. You can choose among the many PDS projects available on the island.
- The foreigners have also the possibility to acquire an apartment in a building more than two floors in addition to the ground floor.
- The fees of the real estate agencies are usually included in the price of the price of the good.
- The Notary. He will have the responsibility to prepare all documents relating to the sale. Do not hesitate to seek help before choosing one.
- Please note that in the framework of a sale in the future state of completion (VEFA), it is the notary of the promoter who will take care of this Part.
- 5%. It is the amount of the ‘Transfer Tax’ which is indexed on the value of the property that is the subject to transaction.
- The island of Mauritius is ranked in the 49th place of the report “Doing Business” of the World Bank in 2017.
- The value of the assets located in Mauritius is said to grow by 40% over the next ten years. More reason to invest now.
For more information on the various investment opportunities in the residential real estate sector in Mauritius, contact Diamond Estates who will guide you in your project implementation.